First install the dconf-editor.
To do this, issue the command
- sudo apt-get install dconf-editor
- Open the program dconf-editor
- Navigate to com / canonical / unity / launcher
- and change the launcher-position to bottom.
or at the terminal type:
gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Launcher launcher-position Bottom
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager compiz-plugins compiz-plugins-extra
Update your system
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mpstark/elementary-tweaks-daily sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install elementary-tweaks
Install VLC Media Player
sudo apt-get install vlc
Install Plugin Flash Player and Pepper Flash
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer pepperflashplugin-nonfree
Install Additional Web Browser
sudo apt-get install chromium-browser firefox
Install Graphic Editor
sudo apt-get install gimp inkscape
Install Indicator Synapse
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:elementary-os/daily sudo apt-get update
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:elementary-os/unstable-upstream sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install indicator-synapse
sudo killall wingpanel
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:synapse-core/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install synapse
Execute Synapse from the slingshot launcher
Install Cloud Storage
Download DropBox : https://www.dropbox.com/install?os=lnx
Install Google Drive :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alessandro-strada/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install google-drive-ocamlfuse
For Laptop : Install TLP for Improve Battery Life and Reduce Overheating
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:linrunner/tlp sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install tlp tlp-rdw sudo tlp start
sudo apt-get install gnome-disk-utility
This is what I do when I reinstall Windows 7 with SP1 or have issues with Windows update stuck on checking for updates.
If Service Pack 1 is not installed, install it before following this guide.
for 64bit W7 or
for 32bit W7
Download KB-3138612 and save it where you can find it later
Download SUR Tool save it to same place
Restart the PC and disconnect from internet before Windows loads, this is important because at every boot windows will check for updates in the background and this will start the checking for updates hang all over again and will prevent the install of the downloaded packages until it finishes checking, so disconnecting from the internet before Windows loads prevents this.
Once booted install KB-3138612, if reboot is required do so and stay disconnected from internet.
Now install the SUR Tool package, this is a big package and will install many updates along with cleaning up and repairing the Windows update store. It will also cut down on how many more Windows updates will need to be installed later.
After install of SUR package reboot, connect to internet and do a manual Windows Update, it should work much faster now. Even after these fixes I have seen some W7 PC’s take up to an hour to finish checking for updates if launched from Control Panel manually.
If you have other Windows updates issues and the 2 updates above are installed, download this Microsoft Windows Update fixit tool (right click “save link as”) run it and select aggressive mode to completely reset Windows updates. Reboot and try Windows Updates from the Control Panel again.
All downloads [HERE]
Download an execute Never10
Original site https://www.grc.com/never10.htm
Version 1.3 of Never10 adds much-requested command-line switches to perform and further automate all Never10 operations. Never10 now offers the following command-line switches:
- delete ‑ deletes any and all pre-downloaded Windows 10 files. If no Windows 10 files are present, the command’s presence is registered for user-interface suppression, but the command has no other effect.
- disable ‑ disables the GWX subsystem to prevent all user prompting and pre-downloading of Windows 10. If both ‘disable’ and ‘enable’ are specified (though that makes no sense) this disable command takes precedence and all future Windows Update OS upgrading behavior will be disabled.
- 644 make a file readable by anyone and writable by the owner
- go-w deny write permission to group and others.
- =rw,+X set the read and write permissions to the usual defaults, but retain any execute permissions that are currently set.
- +X make a directory or file searchable/executable by everyone
if it is already searchable/executable by anyone.
u=rwx,go=u-w make a file readable/executable by everyone and writable by
the owner only.
- go= clear all mode bits for group and others.
- g=u-w set the group bits equal to the user bits, but clear the
group write bit.
Mac OS X v10.6
Brug følgende Terminal-kommando for at nulstille DNS-bufferen:
sudo dscacheutil -flushcache