- Turn off the Chromebit by removing the power cord.
- Put a paperclip (or pushpin) into the recovery button hole while reattaching the power cord (to turn on the device). The recovery button hole is circled below:
- Press Ctrl + D.
- Once again, put a paperclip (or pushpin) into the recovery button hole. The device reboots and displays a red exclamation point.
- Press Ctrl + D. The Chromebit reboots and starts the transition to developer mode. This clears all local data, a process that takes approximately 10 minutes.
If Forced re-enrollment is enabled for the device, you’ll see a note that developer mode is blocked. This shortens the wipe process, and still allows for re-enrollment when the device automatically reboots into verified mode.
- At the startup screen, press the spacebar, and then press Enter to reboot the device and return to verified mode.
- If you’re using a managed Chromebit for your school or business, follow these steps to enroll the device.